Rotational Ramp Attendant
Under the direction of the Base Manager, the Ramp Attendant performs aircraft loading and unloading and operates ground service equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Load and unload cargo and baggage as directed by Flight Crew
- Marshall aircraft as required.
- Operate aircraft ground equipment and push-back aircraft as required.
- Perform light aircraft grooming as required.
- Assist with boarding of special needs passengers as required.
- Maintain control of baggage and cargo according as required.
- Configure aircraft as required.
- Complete all necessary equipment checks, documentation and paperwork.
- Ensure customer service to passengers.
- Cargo acceptance and inventory control
- Maintain grounds as required.
- Fuel aircraft and ground service equipment
- Accept bulk freight and bulk fuel deliveries.
- General maintenance and upkeep of hangar, apron, and fuel tanks
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous ramp or aviation experience is an asset.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven mechanical abilities.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset.
- A valid Driver’s license is an asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Travel is required.
- Rotational 2 weeks on/2 weeks off (Food and Accommodations are provided)
- Transportation to and from Thunder Bay to Pickle Lake provided (if needed)
- Ability to lift to 70 lbs.; Repetitively.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Overtime as required.
- Indoor and outdoor work is required.
- Hazards associated with trade.
- May be exposed to loud noise, dirt, oil, and fumes.
- Competitive Wages
- Matching Contribution Pension Plan
- Generous Benefit Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flight Benefits
- Employee Family Assistance Program
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Place
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645