Base Engineer - YPL
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that Task Cards are coordinated and completed regarding the overall maintenance functions within his or her control.
- Ensure that any and all applicable Airworthiness Directive s and inspections are accomplished within the required time period.
- Ensure that all work on the aircraft is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all parts ordered for the base are received in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all personnel are properly utilized and any necessary ‘on the job training’ is being accomplished in order to uphold a high standard of maintenance for the aircraft.
- Notify the PRM of any abnormalities that occur in regard to the aircraft.
- Liaise with dispatch (as required) to investigate any operational requirements as well as which aircraft are available.
- Ensure that the hangar and delegated workshops are kept clean.
- Ensure that maintenance personnel are instructed regarding the inspection and maintenance methods to be employed.
- Forecast (using an aircraft status board) aircraft inspections, component changes, defect rectification, etc. and forward them to Tech Records for recording.
- Maintain the base Stores room in accordance with MOP 4.5 (except for YQT stores)
- Maintain the base Technical Library
- Ensure that Journey Logbooks are completed and certified properly.
- Foster a healthy working environment and promote a positive climate within the workplace.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
- Any other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- A valid AME license (M1/M2, E or S) for a minimum of 5 years.
- Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Course or relevant experience through International
- Correspondence School (ICS)
- A strong safety-minded approach to work and excellent troubleshooting skills
- An ACA on one of the aircraft types.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- A strong safety-minded approach to work
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent computer skills, MS-Office preferable, proficient in use of internet and email
- Able to work in a team environment, as well as unsupervised.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets.
- Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway
- Previous airline experience is an asset.
- Previous experience with and/or knowledge of First Nations organizations is an asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Rotational 2 weeks on/2 weeks off (Food and accommodation are provided).
- Transportation to and from Thunder Bay to Pickle Lake provided (if needed).
- Overtime as required.
- Travel is required.
- Hazards associated with trade.
- Indoor and outdoor work is required.
- Basic hand tools are required.
- Weekend and evening work is required.
- Ability to lift or move up to 75 lbs.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
- Matching Contribution Pension plan
- Competitive Wages
- Licence Reimbursement
- Competitive Compensation
- 50% paid for Benefit Premiums
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flight benefits
- Confirmed travel to and from home
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Place
Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6V3
Applications may be sent by mail, dropped off at the address indicated above, faxed to 807-789-1645 or emailed to email@example.com