SOCC OPS Coordinator
The OPS Coordinator will monitor the Daily and near-term (7 days) future operations to maintain and coordinate commercial operational control of the aircraft and crews assigned to the Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay Bases. This position will work in collaboration with all company departments to provide safe, efficient, and profitable operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor assigned Wasaya activities.
- Plan and coordinate operations to minimize the impact customers in a negative way.
- Ensure accurate flight forecasting day of flight.
- Monitor flight activity and resource availability to provide proactive recovery planning and response to irregular operations.
- Recommend decisions on cancellations, delays, aircraft swaps, or other operational decisions based on operational requirement.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Control on aircraft availability and crew scheduler on crew recovery options.
- Primary contact during irregular operations
- Foster a healthy working environment and promote a positive climate within the workplace.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post Secondary preferred.
- 3+ years previous airline operations experience or an equivalent combination of related post-secondary education and experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Aviation Reservations Software Systems.
- Successfully completed Transport Canada Dispatch exams (FDMET, FDOPS)
- Excellent computer skills, MS-Office preferable, proficient in use of internet and email
- Able to work in a team environment, as well as unsupervised.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
- Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway
- Previous experience with and/or knowledge of First Nations organizations is an asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Shift work is required.
- Overtime as required.
- Travel may be required.
- Weekend and evening work is required.
- Ability to lift or move up to 20 lbs.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Place
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645