BE02 Captain(s) - YQT
BE02 Captains are responsible for the safe operation of company aircraft in accordance with all applicable Transport Canada Regulations, Wasaya Company Policies and the Wasaya Airways LP Company Operations Manual.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating and navigating aircraft
- Choosing safe and efficient flight routes
- Performing aircraft inspections before and after flying
- Communicating with the required agencies and employees
- Ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers, crew, and aircraft
- Analyzing flight plans and weather conditions
- Calculating fuel and managing aircraft systems
- Filing mandatory paperwork and checking pre-flight documentation
- Foster a healthy working environment and promote a positive climate within the workplace.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
- Any other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- 2,000 Hours Total Time
- 500 Hours PIC or 1000 Hours Right Seat Experience on the 1900
- 500 Hours Multi
- Valid Canadian ATPL
- Valid Transport Canada Class 1 Medical
- Must be able to obtain and Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance (RAIC)
- Must hold a current Passport at time of hire.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must have completed a High School Diploma
- Candidates must meet Transport Canada English Proficiency Standard
Preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements:
- Applicants with Multi-PIC Hours
- Internal Candidates with PICUS on Type
- Applicants which possess a current B1900 Type Rating
- Applicants which possess a B1900 Type Rating
- Applicants with two crew multi-engine turbine experience
- Graduates from an Aviation College degree or diploma program
- Applicants with commercial or military flight experience
- Applicants with Flight Management System (FMS) and/or glass cockpit experience
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Place
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645