Rotational Staff House Cleaner
The Staff House Cleaner is responsible for cleaning the staff house facilities, crew rooms, general common area, laundry duties, dishes, and other duties as assigned by Staff House Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for emptying garbage cans, vacuuming, cleaning flooring, dusting, and other light housecleaning duties
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in the various staff house areas including bathrooms, common areas and crew rooms.
- Maintains cleanliness of all dishes, pots, pans, and cutlery.
- Foster a healthy working environment and promote a positive climate within the workplace.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous cleaning experience is an asset.
- Able to work in a team environment, as well as unsupervised.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset.
- Previous airline experience is an asset.
- Previous experience with and/or knowledge of First Nations organizations is an asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Travel is required.
- Rotational 2 weeks on/2 weeks off (Food and Accommodations are provided)
- Transportation to and from Thunder Bay to Pickle Lake provided (if needed)
- Ability to lift to 30 lbs.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Overtime as required.
- Indoor and outdoor work is required.
- Hazards associated with the job.
- Competitive Wages
- Matching Contribution Pension Plan
- Generous Benefit Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flight Benefits
- Employee Family Assistance Program
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Place
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645