Rotational Ramp Supervisor
The Ramp Supervisor’s main duty is to ensure staff are assigned to duties effectively and that all tasks are being performed safely and in accordance with the company’s Ramp Operations Manual. The Ramp Supervisor directs others within the department to ensure proper utilization of staff, timely and accurate processing of freight, safe use of all ground equipment and accurate loading of aircraft.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure proper aircraft Load Control and flight manifests are being completed and adhered to.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that all operational goals are achieved.
- Supervise the work of ramp and warehouse employees and provide clear instructions when giving assignments.
- Train new employees through direct involvement and job coaching/mentoring
- Work with other departments and locations to ensure Ramp Operations Manual is applicable and accurate.
- Operate Forklift truck and freight handling equipment required to perform duties related to unloading and loading transport trailers, trucks, vans in a timely and safe fashion.
- Accurately perform piece counts, sort, label and warehouse miscellaneous freight and cargo in a timely manner
- Perform inspections of received cargo for damage, regulatory compliance for dangerous goods and airwaybill accuracy.
- Perform all paperwork and record keeping functions related to shipping and receiving of inbound and outbound cargo to prescribed standards.
- Maintain warehouse, cargo storage areas and shipping and receiving docks in a clean and organized manner.
- Ensure all safety policies, practices and procedures are adhered to during the performance of all assigned tasks.
- Report defects found with allocated ground service equipment or ramp/warehouse supplies to GSE Department
- Assist with ground crew operations as required.
- Foster a healthy working environment and promote a positive climate within the workplace.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous shipping and receiving experience are preferred.
- Proven mechanical abilities.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment, including forklift truck.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of filling out waybills is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, MS-Office preferable, proficient in use of internet and email
- Able to work in a team environment, as well as unsupervised.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Previous Ramp or Aviation experience is an asset.
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset.
- Previous airline experience is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway
- Previous experience with and/or knowledge of First Nations organizations is an asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Travel is required.
- Rotational 2 weeks on/2 weeks off (Food and Accommodations are provided)
- Transportation to and from Thunder Bay to Pickle Lake provided (if needed)
- Ability to lift to 70 lbs.; Repetitively.
- Manual dexterity is required.
- Overtime as required.
- Indoor and outdoor work is required.
- Hazards associated with trade.
- May be exposed to loud noise, dirt, oil, and fumes.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Place
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645