Under the direction of the Ramp Lead, the Ramp Attendant performs aircraft loading and unloading and operates ground service equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Load and unload cargo and baggage as directed by Flight Crew
• Marshall aircraft as required
• Operate aircraft ground equipment and push-back aircraft as required
• Assist with light aircraft grooming as required
• Assist with boarding of special needs guests as required
• Maintain control of baggage and cargo as required
• Configure aircraft as required
• Complete all necessary equipment checks, documentation and paperwork
• Ensure quality customer service to all guests
• Assist with cargo acceptance and inventory control
• Maintain company grounds as required
• Any other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
•High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
• Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail
• Attention to detail in all areas of work
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
• Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway
• Previous baggage and cargo handling experience is an asset
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs; Repetitively
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime as required
- Weekend work may be required
- May be exposed to loud noises
- Outdoor work in various weather conditions
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Pl.
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645
Applications received for this position will only be acknowledged if you are being contacted for an interview.
As a 100% First Nation owned organization, it is the policy of Wasaya Airways LP to hire the most qualified candidate for the position, but to give preference to First Nation candidates, especially those from our owner communities.
Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.