The Ramp Attendant performs aircraft loading and unloading and operates ground service equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Load and unload cargo and baggage as directed by Flight Crew
- Marshall aircraft as required.
- Operate aircraft ground equipment and push-back aircraft as required.
- Perform light aircraft grooming as required.
- Assist with boarding of special needs passengers as required.
- Maintain control of baggage and cargo according as required.
- Configure aircraft as required.
- Complete all necessary equipment checks, documentation and paperwork.
- Cargo acceptance and inventory control
- Maintain grounds as required.
- Foster a healthy working environment and promote a positive climate within the workplace.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
- Any other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- A valid class G driver’s license
- Previous airline experience is an asset
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven mechanical abilities.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and in the use of internet and email
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- The ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of First Nations Organizations is an asset.
- Overtime as required, on call.
- Weekend work is required.
- Hazards associated with trade.
- May be exposed to loud noise, dirt, oil, and fumes.
- Ability to lift or move up to 70lbs.; Repetitively.
- Manual dexterity is required.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to: