Wasaya Airways LP is currently seeking qualified applicants for permanent employment for AME/AME Apprentice (Maintenance, Structures, and Avionics) positions in Thunder Bay, Ontario. The position is responsible to the Base Engineer/Crew Chief for the performance, quality and regulatory compliance of the work.
Duties and Responsibilities
Aircraft Technicians / Aircraft Maintenance Engineers are responsible for airframe maintenance and should have the following skill sets:
- Ability to use the correct tools, methods, techniques and equipment required to perform aircraft maintenance.
- Candidates should be able to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
- Ensure completion and certification of logbooks, job cards and other associated maintenance records in the absence of the base engineer.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Course completed or have equivalent experience through a program such as the International Correspondence School;
- Experience on Beech 1900D, Dash 8, ATR-42, Pilatus PC12/45 aircraft would be considered an asset;
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills;
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Trouble shooting skills.
- Safety oriented mindset
- Investigative ability and analytical skills
- Able to keep and reference accurate records
- Skilled with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset
- Matching Contribution Pension plan
- License Reimbursement Program;
- Competitive Compensation;
- Generous Benefit Program;
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan;
- Flight benefits
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs; Repetitively
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime as required
- Weekend work may be required
- Some travel may be required
- Safety equipment will be required
- Hazards associated with trade
- May be exposed to loud noise, dust, fumes and oils
- Indoor and outdoor work is required
- May be required to work in confined spaces
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Pl.
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645