Manager of Financial Reporting
The Manager of Financial Reporting will report directly to the CFO and will work closely with the Leadership Team to forecast and communicate company financial performance and actual variances from expectations. The Manager of Financial reporting will ensure timely and accurate monthly reports are prepared for distribution to internal and external stakeholders and will have primary responsibility for annual reports while working closely with external auditors. This position also supports Board, Lender and Ministry financial reporting submissions, documentation and maintenance of accounting policies, processes and internal controls.
The Manager of Financial Reporting will be an important part of a dynamic organization with future growth opportunities available.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing annual consolidated and non-consolidated reports.
- Liaise with external auditors and provide support for financial, tax and regulatory audits,
- Prepare variance reporting and presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team,
- Research and assess the impact of new accounting standards and disclosures including new transactions as they arise,
- Shareholder reporting
- Review monthly bank reconciliations
- Work closely with CFO on cash management and cash flow forecasting
- Tracking assets through ad-hoc systems to improve capital utilization
- Monthly financial reports for Wasaya Airways and Wasaya Petroleum with detailed variance analysis
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers
- Play a key role in developing Wasaya’s annual budget
- Monitor and enforce financial controls and policies
- Assist the accounting team in implementing the appropriate processes to ensure all reporting is accurate and timely as per operational and divisional requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree majoring in Accounting
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation
- 3+ years experience of financial analysis, advisory and/or accounting experience
- Experience at a public accounting firm is an asset
- Experience in the Aviation industry is an asset
- Experience with ASPE (required) and public accounting standards (beneficial)
- Experience with Sage 50 and Sage 300 accounting software is an asset
- Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset
- Strong analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Office and PowerPoint skills
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Overtime as required
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to lift or move up to 10lbs
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer or peripherals
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Pl.
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645
Applications received for this position will only be acknowledged if you are being contacted for an interview.
As a First Nation owned organization, it is the policy of Wasaya Airways LP to hire the most qualified candidate for the position, but to give preference to First Nation candidates, especially those from our owner communities.
Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.