GSE - Equipment Technician - YPL
The GSE technician ensures general ground service and aircraft support equipment is serviced and maintained according to company policies, procedures and manufacturer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- General and preventative maintenance; including repairs and servicing
- Prepare, paint or clean interior and exterior surfaces of ground equipment
- Perform minor manufacturing work, e.g., building baggage carts, aircraft tow bars, etc
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain various electrical components and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures
- Troubleshoot, install, and repair hydraulic hoses, piping, and related equipment
- Involved in all aspects of vehicle maintenance requirements for all company vehicles at associated base
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Perform general and preventive maintenance on ground equipment and vehicles
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Update and maintain information in Wasaya records systems and department databases
- Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the maintenance department
- Liaise with Staff and Base Managers for reporting or receiving reports of equipment defects
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required
- Maintain inventory of new equipment, manuals and warranties
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers
- Any other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is an asset.
- 2-4 years previous maintenance experience or completion of a journeyman ticket or license in a related vehicle, heavy equipment or small motors trade
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain T.B.I.A.A. AVOP license is required.
- Ability to meet security requirements necessary to obtain Restricted Area Pass is required.
- Welding experience is an asset
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound independent judgment and troubleshooting
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
- The ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset.
- Previous airline experience is an asset.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of First Nations Organizations is an asset.
- Food and accommodations are provided
- Transportation to and from Thunder Bay to Pickle Lake provided
- Overtime as required
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Travel to off-site locations will be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed boots, safety glasses, etc
- Hazards associated with trade
- Indoor and outdoor work is required
- Basic hand tools are required
- Ability to lift to 70lbs.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Place
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645