The Fuel Manager manages/performs the day to day operations involving the Fueling and Dangerous Goods handling requirements for Airways and Petroleum. This includes ensuring inventory and quality control for all company fuel sites as well as processing of customer orders. All tasks are performed to regulated standards and in accordance with all company safety policies, practices and procedures. The Fuel Manager is responsible for managing the Fuel Technicians, assisting them in the day to day operations, and scheduling priorities accordingly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all tasks related to inventory control for the company’s fuel sites including but not limited to Pickle Lake, Wiebenville and the northern Jet A caches
- Liaise with different fuel and fuel equipment suppliers in order to ensure a timely supply of fuel and fuel equipment products
- Liaise with regulatory bodies to ensure all company handling of Fuel and Dangerous Goods is complying with regulations
- Oversee Customer Relations involving petroleum sales and deliveries.
- Develop, Deliver and Process petroleum quotations and sales to customers
- Liaise with and assist the Finance department with the buildup and tracking of fuel pricing.
- Develop, Build and Maintain long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Assist in the development and upkeep of all Company Fuel tracking systems
- Process and assist the Station Manager in planning all fuel orders
- Assist in the Development of and ensure all safety policies, practices and procedures are adhered to during the performance of any tasks and duties
- Prompt reporting of all accidents, injuries and incidents
- Co-ordinate and/or Perform tasks related to fuel equipment upkeep, minor servicing and repairs of allocated equipment
- Ensure daily fuel quality checks and applicable fueling standards, techniques and procedures are being adhered to
- Assist with the hiring, termination and performance management of fuel staff which includes timely completion of probationary and yearly performance assessments according to company policy
- Complete Fuel Technician work schedules.
- Ensure training requirements and procedures for fuel department are kept up to date with regulations, best practices and On Time Performance.
- Help to ensure that all staff has completed all mandatory company training
- Perform Company training with respect to fuel and Dangerous Goods handling.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers
- Perform all tasks related to fueling Bulk Trucks and Aircraft and Aircraft De-icing as required
- Any other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is an asset
- Previous Fuel Handling experience is an asset
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience is an asset
- Petroleum Handling or Mechanic certificates are an asset
- Previous Sales experience is an asset
- Previous Dangerous Goods Handling experience and certification is an asset
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Basic mathematical skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs; Repetitively
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime as required
- Some travel may be required
- Hazards associated with trade
- May be exposed to loud noise, dust, fumes and oils
- Indoor and outdoor work is required
- Position is based in Thunder Bay with frequent travel to Pickle Lake
- Matching Contribution Pension plan
- Competitive Compensation
- 100% paid for Benefit Premiums
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flight benefits
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Pl.
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645