Responsible to the SOCC Manager, the Flight Follower will monitor and track the day of operations aircraft and flight crew scheduling while updating the company Aviation Management Software as required, to maintain an effective and efficient operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the progress of each flight from its point of origin to its destination, including all intermediate stops or until the duties are transferred to another trained Flight Follower.
- Maintain log utilizing the approved company Aviation Management Software consisting of a recording of all Scheduled and or Estimated Departure and Arrival time, all Actual Departure and Arrival times using the air-to-ground radios and the Skytrac satellite tracking system.
- Review and maintain daily records of ongoing and completed Flight Dispatch Clearances
- Advise Pilot-in-Command of any changes that may affect or change the Flight Dispatch Clearance
- Investigate and communicate Irregular Operations (IROP’s) of any departure or arrival delays exceeding 30 minutes.
- Update the flight crew schedules within the Aviation Management Software to reflect changes resulting from crew sick call, Reserve utilization, Flight assignments, and crew illegalities.
- Review crew qualifications to ensure crew members are within legal qualification parameters.
- Arrange / coordinate necessary support for abnormal (delayed) flight operations at all destinations being served.
- React to Irregular Operations (IROPs) to formulate and execute recovery plans to minimize delays and inconvenience to our customers.
- Communicate IROP planning to all required departments.
- Liase with Charter Sales on aircraft / crew availability and operational details affecting charter services.
- Crew Scheduling on operational issues affecting crew schedules.
- Assist with Ops Coordinator and Ops Team Lead with day-to-day tasks.
- Initiate company emergency response protocols when required.
- Monitor local and regional weather and runway condition reports for potential impact to the planned operations and distribute details, as necessary.
- Foster a healthy working environment and promote a positive climate within the workplace.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Post Secondary in a related field preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, MS-Office preferable, proficient in use of internet and email
- Able to work in a team environment, as well as unsupervised.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
- The ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset.
- Previous airline experience is an asset.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of First Nations Organizations is an asset.
- Shift work required.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Weekend and evening work may be required.
- Ability to lift or move up to 20lbs.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Place
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645