Responsible to the SOCC Manager, the Flight Follower will monitor and track flight crew scheduling and update the SOCC Page as required, in order to maintain an effective and efficient plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inputting the provided flight crew schedule onto the SOCC web page.
- Responsible for updating crew schedule changes and completing updates on the SOCC web page
- Responsible for inputting provided schedule into the Crew Projector to ensure crews are within legal flight parameters.
- Monitoring crews with missing flight times, and ensuring they are received and inputted into the accumulator and projector daily
- Assisting the Duty Manager with day-to-day tasks
- Ordering catering for chartered flights.
- Booking suitable hotel accommodations for flight crews
- Responsible for reviewing Airport Invoices, and ensuring they are accurate.
- Liaise with crew scheduling on operational issues effecting flight crew schedules
- Liaise with crew scheduling regarding any other issues, as required.
- Maintain and update night currencies for all aircraft types.
- Provide support to Flight Watch when required, which responsibilities include:
- Monitor progress of each flight from its point of origin to is final destination, including all intermediate stops or until the Flight Watch responsibilities are transferred to another trained Flight Follower
- Maintain Flight Watch log utilizing approved company software (Amelia) and the Flight Watch log shall consist of recording all Scheduled or Estimated Departure and Arrival times, all Actual Arrival and Departure times utilizing Skytrac’s satellite tracking capabilities which include engine start and stop, wheels off and on, altitude and speed, track and relative positions to known landmarks or location
- Review and maintain daily records of completed Flight Dispatch Clearance
- Advise Pilot-in-Command of any changes that may affect or change the Operational Flight Plan
- Investigate IROP’s of any departure or arrival delays exceeding 30 minutes
- Supervise the safe flight watch of all company aircraft under the control of the SOCC Centre
- Maintain up-to-date company online training
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers
- Any other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in the aviation industry would be an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and database software
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases
- Meticulous records maintenance skills
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ability to lift or move up to 10 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to us desktop computers and peripherals
- Shift work is required
- Overtime as requested
- Weekend work is required
- Travel may be required
- Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check
- Identify proof of fully vaccinated by October 31, 2021 - COVID 19
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Pl.
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645