Flight Follower - Load Planning
Responsible to the SOCC Manager, the Flight Follower/Load Planner will monitor and track the day of operations aircraft and prepare the Flight Dispatch Clearance form to maintain an effective and efficient operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing the Flight Dispatch Clearance (FDC) form: ATC clearance/track passenger loads
- Payload calculations
- Payload forecasting
- Payload by load for each flight prior to crew report time
- Monitor progress of each flight from its point of origin to is destination, including all intermediate stops or until the duties are transferred to another trained Flight Follower
- Maintain log utilizing the approved company Aviation Management Software consisting of a recording of all Scheduled and or Estimated Departure and Arrival times, all Actual Departure and Arrival times using the air-to-ground radios and the Skytrax satellite tracking system.
- Review and maintain daily records of ongoing and completed Flight Dispatch Clearances
- Advise Pilot-in-Command of any changes that may affect or change the Flight Dispatch Clearance
- Investigate and communicate Irregular Operations (IROP’s) of any departure or arrival delays exceeding 30 minutes.
- Assist with Ops Coordinator and Ops Team Lead with day-to-day tasks.
- Initiate company emergency response protocols when required.
- Monitor local and regional weather and runway condition reports for potential impact to the planned operations and distribute details as necessary.
- Foster a healthy working environment and promote a positive climate within the workplace.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post Secondary in a related field preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, MS-Office preferable, proficient in use of internet and email
- Able to work in a team environment, as well as unsupervised.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always.
- The ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset.
- Previous airline experience is an asset.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of First Nations Organizations is an asset.
- Shift work required.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Weekend and evening work may be required.
- Ability to lift or move up to 20lbs.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Place
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645