The Flight Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating and monitoring all flight operations, ensuring the safe and efficient dispatch of Wasaya Airways LP. aircraft. This position requires excellent technical knowledge, strong organizational skills, and the ability to make critical decisions under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage flight operations, including flight planning, scheduling, and monitoring.
- Ensure all flight dispatch activities comply with company policies, regulations, and safety standards.
- Assess weather conditions and other factors to determine the feasibility of flight operations.
- Plan and calculate aircraft weight, fuel requirements, and payload restrictions.
- Communicate with pilots, ground crew, and air traffic control to ensure effective coordination and adherence to flight plans.
- Monitor flight progress and make necessary adjustments to flight plans in response to changing conditions or unforeseen events.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of flight operations, including logs, reports, and relevant documentation.
- Stay informed about current industry trends, regulatory requirements, and technological developments related to flight operations.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as maintenance and customer service, to ensure smooth and seamless flight operations.
- Assist in emergency situations or incidents, implementing appropriate procedures and protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and crew.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or certification in aviation or a related field.
- Successfully completed Transport Canada Dispatch exams (FDMET, FDOPS)
- Proven experience as a Flight Dispatcher
- In-depth knowledge of aviation regulations, including flight operations, weather analysis, and navigation.
- Proficiency in using flight planning and dispatch software, as well as other industry-specific tools and systems.
- Canadian Radio License (Aeronautical) considered an asset.
- Strong customer service experience is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to assess and interpret complex information quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information accurately and concisely.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and make sound decisions in high-stress situations.
- Proactive, self-motivated, working well within a team environment.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required by the nature of the job.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Exceptional computer skills are required.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- The ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Overtime as required.
- Weekend work may be required.
- Hours of work operate outside of public transportation hours.
- Ability to lift or move up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to climb a set of stairs daily.
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
- Matching contribution Pension Plan
- Generous Benefit Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flight Benefits
- Employee & Family & Assistance Program
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Pl.
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645