Flight Attendants are responsible for passenger safety, comfort and in-flight service. While onboard the aircraft, Flight attendants are responsible to the Captain for the duration of the flight.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Complete all duties and responsibilities for passenger safety and comfort, in accordance with the approved Wasaya Airways Flight Attendant Manual along with company policies.
2. During an emergency, follow the instructions of the Captain
3. Complete all required safety announcements and demonstrations
4. Plan, direct and control the service as required
5. Conduct oneself with professionalism at all times
6. Successfully complete all required Flight Attendant Training
7. Any other duties assigned
Skills and Qualifications
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent is required
• Post-Secondary education in a related field is an asset
• Previous Flight Attendant experience is an asset
• CT201 certificate from the Inflight Institute is strongly recommended
• Superior customer service skills
• Fluent in English is required; Bilingual (English/French)
• Ability to travel freely domestically and internationally with a valid Canadian Passport
• Ability to obtain and maintain Airport Security Pass
• Professional and neat appearance
• Reliable transportation to and from airport • Availability on short-notice
• Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs; Repetitively
• Manual dexterity
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Place
Thunder Bay, ON P7J 1H9
Fax: (807) 475‐7093
Applications received for this position will only be acknowledged if you are being contacted for an interview.
As a 100% First Nation owned organization, it is the policy of Wasaya Airways LP to hire the most qualified candidate for the position, but to give preference to First Nation candidates, especially those from our owner communities.
Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.