ATR First Officer(s) - YPL
ATR 42 / 72 First Officers are responsible for the safe operation of company aircraft in accordance with all applicable Transport Canada Regulations, Wasaya Company Policies and the Wasaya Airways LP Company Operations Manual.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the captain in flight preparation and operations
- Notifying the captain of any variations in standard flight operations
- Supporting the captain with take-offs and landings
- Maintaining navigation manuals and charts
- Preparing the weight and balance forms for each flight
- Supervising fueling, ground power unit, baggage loading and appropriate servicing of aircraft.
- Maintaining regular contact with cabin crew to ensure safety, comfort, and convenience of all passengers.
- Communicating with air traffic control unit during take-off, flight, and landing
- Recording navigation and flight details
- Taking over full command of the aircraft, crew, and passengers if the captain is no longer able to do so.
- Foster a healthy working environment and promote a positive climate within the workplace.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Valid Commercial Pilots License (CPL)
- Valid Instrument Rating
- 500 Total flight time
- IATRA/ATPL exams written and current.
- Valid Transport Canada CAT 1 medical
- Canadian Passport or Permanent Resident Card
- Must be able to obtain a RAIC (Restricted Area Identity Card)
- Must be able to travel to the US and meet TSA approval for Simulator Training
Preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements:
- Applicants who possess a Canadian ATPL
- Applicants which possess an ATR Type Rating
- Applicants with 705 experiences
- Applicants with Northern Gravel Operational Experience
- Applicants with freight/ bulk fuel experience
- Applicants with two crew multi-engine turbine experience
- Graduates from an Aviation College degree or diploma program
- Applicants with commercial or Military flight experience
- Applicants with Flight Management System (FMS) and/or glass cockpit experience
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Place
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645