Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Wasaya Airways LP is currently seeking a qualified applicant for permanent employment for an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Maintenance, Structures, and Avionics) position in Red Lake, Ontario. The position is responsible to the YPL Base Engineer/Crew Chief for the performance, quality and regulatory compliance of the work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineers are responsible for airframe maintenance and should have the following skill sets:
- Completing the maintenance, repair, modification or overhaul of aircraft and aeronautical products maintained by the company.
- Ensuring continued familiarity with Transport Canada regulatory standards and the policies and procedures contained in company manuals
- Ensure the performance of any work they undertake is done efficiently and in accordance with those policies, procedures and regulations.
- Release any completed maintenance as required in the Journey Log Books and Task Cards.
- Maintain their licensed certification(s).
- Employ safe work practices and prevent any unsafe work practices they may observe from continuing.
- Completing any required training prior to the due date.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Course completed or have equivalent experience through a program such as the International Correspondence School;
- Experience on Beech 1900D, Dash 8, Pilatus PC12/45, C208, and HS748 aircraft would be considered an asset;
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills;
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Trouble shooting skills
- Matching Contribution Pension plan
- $50k – $90k; pay based on Education and Experience
- License Reimbursement Program;
- Competitive Compensation;
- 100% paid for Benefit Premiums;
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan;
- Flight benefits
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Pl.
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645