Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Wasaya Airways LP is currently seeking qualified applicants for permanent employment for AME/AME Apprentice (Maintenance, Structures, and Avionics) positions in Sioux Lookout, Ontario. The position is responsible to the Base Engineer/Crew Chief for the performance, quality and regulatory compliance of the work.
Aircraft Technicians / Aircraft Maintenance Engineers are responsible for airframe maintenance and should have the following skill sets:
- Ability to use the correct tools, methods, techniques and equipment required to perform aircraft maintenance.
- Candidates should be able to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
- Ensure completion and certification of log books, job cards and other associated maintenance records in the absence of the base engineer.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- Perform and uphold Wasaya Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have a Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Course completed or have equivalent experience through a program such as the International Correspondence School;
- Experience on Dash 8, HS748, C208 and Pilatus PC12/45 aircraft would be considered an asset;
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills;
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Trouble shooting skills;
Skills and Qualifications
What We Offer;
- License Reimbursement Program;
- Competitive Compensation;
- 100% paid for Benefit Premiums;
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan;
- Flight benefits
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Pl.
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645
Applications received for this position will only be acknowledged if you are being contacted for an interview.
As a 100% First Nation owned organization, it is the policy of Wasaya Airways LP to hire the most qualified candidate for the position, but to give preference to First Nation candidates, especially those from our owner communities.
Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.