The Accounting Officer is responsible for the reconciling of the Daily Cash Reports and Invoicing for all bases and Northern Communities for all Company business. The Accounting Officer is responsible for all payments and expense allocation with Wasaya Airways LP. The Accounting Officer is also responsible for performing data entry, posting accounts receivable payments, other accounting transactions and related duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare deposits and enter data into accounting system
- Create and send out invoices for freight, passenger service, maintenance service, fuel and charters
- Maintain and update invoice filing systems
- Order and ship baggage tags, manifests, airway bills, etc to other Wasaya locations including Northern Stations
- Perform manifest reconciliation
- Code invoices according to department, verify, stamp and forward to Directors
- Match purchase order/receiving reports and back up with invoices, stamp and code
- Enter all approved invoices
- Generate cheques for vendor and non vendors
- Rebilling as required
- Process Company VISAs
- Perform and uphold Wasaya’s Customer Care Commitments to both internal and external customers
- Any other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years previous accounting experience or an equivalent combination of related post-secondary education and work experience
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions, systems, budgets and internal controls
- Demonstrates ability to accurately calculate, post, correct and manage accounting figures and financial records with meticulous record maintenance skills
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with strong interpersonal skills
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Overtime as required
- Travel may be required
- Ability to lift or move up to 20lbs
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computer and peripherals
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
201 Kelner Pl.
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6V3
Fax: (807) 789-1645
Applications received for this position will only be acknowledged if you are being contacted for an interview.
As a 100% First Nation owned organization, it is the policy of Wasaya Airways LP to hire the most qualified candidate for the position, but to give preference to First Nation candidates, especially those from our owner communities.
Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.